Events, as part of the greater Student Developer Society, assume good faith on all those who wish to improve student developers. However, other experiences at other conferences have shown us the need to adopt a Code of Conduct in which we state our expectations of all attendees and organizers during the SDS events and in our telegram platform.
This code of conduct applies to all members at SDS, in addition to the SDS code of conduct that applies to the Student Developers Society as a whole.
The Student Developers Society welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.
No matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you: we welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they interact constructively with our community.
While much of the work for our project is technical in nature, we value and encourage contributions from those with expertise in other areas, and welcome them into our community.
SDS Events is committed to providing a safe environment for all participants. All attendees are expected to treat all people and facilities with respect and help create a welcoming environment. If you notice behaviour that fails to meet this standard, please speak up and help to keep SDS events as respectful as we expect it to be.
SDS is committed to the ideas expressed in our Diversity Statement (above) and the recently adopted Debian Code of Conduct. We ask all our members, speakers, volunteers, attendees and guests to adopt these principles. We are a diverse community. Sometimes this means we need to work harder to ensure we're creating an environment of trust and respect where all who come to participate feel comfortable and included.
We value your participation and appreciate your help in realizing this goal.
Respect yourself, and respect others. Be courteous to those around you. If someone indicates they don't wish to be photographed, respect that wishes. If someone indicates they would like to be left alone, let them be. If they do not wish to be texted with, please do not disturb them. Our event venues and online spaces may be shared with members of the public; please be considerate to all patrons of these locations.
By default, all presentation material should be suitable for people aged 12 and above.
If you could reasonably assume that some people may be offended by your talk, please state so explicitly in the submission notes. This will be taken into account by the Content Team. In case you are unsure if this applies to you, please contact the Content Team at [email protected] Please note that you are solely responsible if anything is deemed inappropriate and you did not contact the Content Team beforehand.
We ask everyone to be aware that we will not tolerate intimidation, harassment, or any abusive, discriminatory or derogatory behaviour by anyone at any Events of SDS or in related online media.
Complaints can be made to the organizers by contacting the admins and organizers or emailing [email protected] All complaints made to event organizers will remain confidential and be taken seriously. The complaint will be treated appropriately and with discretion. Should event organizers or moderators consider it appropriate, measures they may take can include:
* the individuals may be told to apologize
* the individuals may be told to stop/modify their behaviour appropriately
* the individuals may be warned that enforcement action may be taken if the behaviour continues
* the individuals may be asked to immediately leave the venue and/or will be prohibited from continuing to attend any part of the event
* The individuals may be banned from SDS telegram group
* the incident may be reported to the appropriate authorities
All participants, including event attendees and speakers, must not engage in any intimidation, harassment, or abusive or discriminatory behaviour.
The following is a list of examples of behaviour that is deemed highly inappropriate and will not be tolerated at SDS.
* offensive verbal or written remarks related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion;
* sexual or violent images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
* deliberate intimidation;
* stalking or following;
* unwanted photography or recording;
* sustained disruption of talks or other events;
* unwelcome physical contact or other forms of assault;
* unwelcome sexual attention;
* sexist, racist, or other exclusionary jokes;
* unwarranted exclusion from a conference or related events based on age,
* gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion;
We want everyone to have a good time at our events.
* We will read every complaint and have several people on that alias that can help investigate and resolve the complaint.
* We will reply, in writing, as soon as possible to acknowledge the concern and assure that the matter is being investigated.
* Depending on the situation, we will talk to the reporter, the reported, or both to determine what mediation and/or action is necessary.
* Depending on the outcome of the investigation and mediation, we reserve the right to expel people, not in compliance with our Code of Conduct from the venue or/and from our telegram platform. SDS will not be held responsible for further costs incurred by the dismissal from the conference.